Citra Nintendo 3DS emulator is open-source software that has been developed to be able to enjoy Nintendo 3DS games on other devices such as a computer or a cell phone. You are probably thinking that this is great, and it is. Whether you are nostalgic and want to play again the console that has accompanied you for many years in your childhood; you want to play video games that you have never tried; your console has broken; or you just prefer to play from the comfort of your computer or your Android device because it suits you better, your solution is Citra. Since this is undoubtedly, within the different possible options, one of the best Nintendo 3DS emulators. Why is it so good? Here are some of the features of this emulator:
- Totally free
- Compatible with a large number of 3DS games
- Good performance
- Simulates the Nintendo 3DS, has two screens whose size is adjustable
- Automatic and frequent updates, eliminating potential bugs quickly
Download Citra 3DS Emulator for PC, Linux, MacOS, Android
To download the Nintendo 3DS Citra emulator we have to follow the steps below:
- Download Citra Emulator for our computer. To do this we use the download link, click on the link below:
- Download Citra Emulator for our Android device. To do this we use the download link below:
- Our browser may ask us to accept the permission to complete the download. We click on “Accept”.
We wait a moment until the download is complete.
- We go to the next section in which we explain step by step and in a simple way the installation process of the emulator.
Install Citra Emulator for Nintendo 3DS
Installing the Citra 3DS Emulator is quick and easy. We just have to follow the steps below:
- Once we have downloaded the Citra emulator for our operating system, we look for the location of the downloaded file.
- Open the file and an installation box will appear in the middle of the screen.
- It is possible that we get a warning box asking us if we want to allow the application to make changes to our device. In this case, we click on “Yes”.
- Click on the installation box where it says “Install”.
- We wait for the installation to complete.
- Now we will be able to enjoy the Nintendo 3DS Citra emulator.
Latest version of Nintendo 3DS Emulator Citra
The latest version of Citra is always different, since it is a very careful tool that undergoes continuous improvements. Therefore, once the emulator is installed, it will detect updates and will automatically notify you every time an update is available.
Citra Emulator for PC Requirements
Citra Emulator for PC requirements are the minimum requirements to have an adequate gaming experience. To be able to play a large number of games it is necessary to have a 64-bit Operating System, a graphics card compatible with OpenGL 3.3 or higher, and a RAM memory of at least 2GB.
Roms for Citra Emulator
The Nintendo 3DS Citra emulator provides great playability, allowing you to enjoy a lot of Nintendo 3DS video games both on PC, whether Windows, Linux or Mac OS, and on an Android device. As you probably already know, 3DS games do not come bundled with the computer, and we will have to download each game individually. These games for the emulator are called ROMS, and in the case of 3DS the most used and best working format is CIA. On this page you can find a wide variety of Nintendo 3DS games in CIA format, starting with the classics like Super Mario and all installments of the Pokémon saga.